MADE GROUP // Queenstown Conference
We packed our winter woolies and flew our friends from Made Group across the Tasman for their annual sales conference. They landed mid afternoon and were transported to the centre of Queenstown by jet boat, with a welcoming haka performed by maori warriors on the banks of Lake Wakatipu.
On arrival to Platinum Queenstown Villas delegates were checked into their rooms and then gathered in the hotel bar anticipating the activities ahead. The group was broken into teams and given a lesson in performing the haka, before heading off to dinner Sasso.
Friday morning the team was armed with bacon and egg rolls, and bussed up the mountain where they spent the morning in their conference sessions. The assumption was that delegates would hit the slopes after lunch. But we had other plans!
Wait for it… RUSH events Winter Olympics! Teams were awarded points based on their performance in five snow challenges, including:
- Ice driving: racing around an ice obstacle course in a full size Volkeswagon Golf
- Snow shoe biathlon: a relay race through deep snow where participants had to make snowballs and toss them into buckets; all the while wearing tennis rackets on their feet
- Tube challenge: teams set off down a slope at pace on a tube (which they previously had to heave up the hill!) and steer themselves through a set of goal posts at the bottom
- Snow Mobiling: an obstacle course relay race a top a motorised snow mobile
- Cross Country Ski Sprint: a relay race involving a dash around a course wearing awkward cross country skis, poles and gear
Just when they thought it was over, they still had the biggest challenge ahead of them – their team performances of the haka! The best performance was awarded bonus points and combined with scores accrued on the snow, winners were announced that evening over dinner at Botswana Butchery. With the formalities wrapped up, the group enjoyed the rest of their night in Queenstown before heading home on Saturday morning.
We had an absolute ball and we’re looking forward to trying to top this line up..! We hope Made Group enjoyed themselves as much as we did.